- » What is mogelpower.com?
- » How to install mogelpower.com into the Firefox browser?
- » Is there an opportunity to integrate the search machine in the sidebar of a browser?
- » A link does not work.
- » Is it possible to affiliate any magazine with the existing database?
- » You have a question about a game.
- » Dealing with ZIP, RAR or ACE files
- » How to put in cheats?
- » A Cheat does not work.
- » What is a command line parameter?
- » How to use a trainer?
- » How to use hex cheats?
- » What are Xploder and Gamebuster codes such as 800E58B20000?
- » What about ? and * within file names?
- » What ist ASCII?
Mogelpower.com is a search engine. It does not include an own editorial part, but links to contents of external gaming websites. Using Mogelpower.com you are able to find test reports, downloads, solutions, cheats and news about a special game what you are looking for.
Mogelpower.com is an addition to Mogelpower.de.
Copy the contents of this zip file into the search plugin folder of Fiefox. In Windows is it C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins by standard. Restart the browser. The search engine will be ready.
There is a demonstration on search engine´s www.mogelpower.com/index.php?mod=sidebar concerning the sidebar of your browser. You are able to keep track of your search results on the sidbar while clicking a special result for details.
Add a bookmark to open mogelpower.com on the sidebar
Probably the requested site is temporarily not available. We are checking all links daily. If a link leads to an unexpected offer or to a dialer, please feel free to e-mail us.
We are making a balanced mix of quality and quantity available in our efforts to offer you.
We do not affiliate with all gaming magazines, because search results in a list from test reports in a number of 50 and more would not be helpful to our visitors. If you know a website that would be an enrichment to our search engine, please submit it via email. Magazines with a continuous high-class offer or magazines specialized in unusual topics are most interesting.
You could post questions about a special game (source of supply, gameplay, technical problems) in our forum. A registration is not necessary.
Please choose the approbriate sub-forum and the significant subject.
You should ask the operator of the corresponding site, if you have questions regarding the linked offers.
There are many files to download. Most are packed files. Loading time is the shorter the smaller packed files are. Moreover, it allows to combine multiple files into one archive file. A program such as WinZIP or the freebie 7-Zip are needed to unpack a zip-file. Windows XP and succeeding versions have an integrated ZIP support.
- Pay attention to the description how a cheat has to be entered. Some cheats are simply typed while playing, others need a special input assistance (cheat window, console, input line). In the latter case the cheat will be enabled by using the acknowledgement key.
- Especially in console games the cheats have to be typed fast and fluent. Keys connected by a Plus have to be pressed simultanously. Repetitions such as “2x” correspond to the next key only.
- Many level codes and inputs are written in capital letters, even if the shift-key ist not pressed. Does a cheat only work if you press shift-key, there will be a corresponding note.
- Access keys or level codes are always entered following a request, never by your own wish. Choose the according menu to enter the codes.
- If the cheat the gamers name you have to input, it will easily be changed after enabling the cheat where the nickname have to be entered. Usually, the code can be substituted without affecting the cheat.
A malfunctioning cheat has different reasons.
- You did not follow the directions correctly. Sometimes an activating cheat is needed to enable other ones. Often cheats have to be entered in a certain window (game, pause, menu).
- You have entered the code too slow (or too fast).
- Sometimes cheats only work in specific regions. A cheat in the Japanese version of a game can be disabled in the US version or has been changed, for example. So some PC games include translated cheats.
- In a few cases different games have got the same title. Cheats for one game do not work certainly for other ones.
- Incorrect cheats are partially spreaded. All websites accept almost unchecked cheats from other sources. In this way the wrong cheats are recirculated on different websites within a few days. They have often been remained there for years.
A command line parameter is a string - often a word - it committed to start a program. A parameter is usually entered into the featured window of the program. You will get open this window with a right-click on “Properties” in the start menu or on program icon on desktop.
In the line object you will find a program name such as: c:\program files\game\game.exe
Enter the parameter into this line separated by a blankspace from the program name. c:\program files\game\game.exe parameter
Some programs need to be enter more than one parameter. Each one will be spearated enter by a blankspace. c:\program files\game\game.exe parameter1 parameter2 parameter3
A program name including a blankspace has to be put in quotation marks. "c:\program files\game abc\game abc.exe" parameter
The same way is used for parameter entered into the BATCH-files (*.BAT) and into the DOS command line which the original source of this information delivery is.
Usually the order of the parameter does not matter, but capitalization might be important.
A trainer is a help program with possibilities which were not designated by the developers. A trainer changes the content of storage, for instance cells containing money or health points. Storage cells might change within each version of the game and therefore, a lot of trainers only work in a certain version (number or country). A trainer only works together with a running game in contrast to a patch with permanent effects on a game.
Start a trainer before or while running a game and close it after exiting the game (or you do not need it anymore). Normally you can switch between trainer and game with Alt+Tab. The features of the trainer can be switched on or off by keystrokes. Be aware most trainers are offered as a ZIP-file and before using you will need an unpacking program.
Sometimes there are no cheat programs or trainers, but only the modifiable storage cells in hexadecimal format. The changes have to be done by each user himself with the help of a hex editor. Instructions on how to deal with hex numbers and hex editors can be found here. Hex codes are not very common anymore.
Xploder and Gamebuster codes for console games call for a special cheat help, available in specialized trade. It enables cheats which were not designated by the developers and has a similar function like a trainer or a hex code therefore.
Dollar symbols ($) and blankspace within a code are simply left out. Question marks within a code are substituted by any word.
So the code “number of goals: 1234567800??” means that the “??” can be displaced by the desired number of goals, for instance 02 for two goals.
If a ? or * is used, the ? is just a placeholder for one character, while * is one for several characters. A notation like SAVE*.SAV means that the files are called SAVE01.SAV, SAVE02.SAV, SAVE03.SAV .…
In some DOS games a numerical code has to be entered using the Alt-key. You might know, that each character (letter, number, special character) has an attributive ASCII code.
For instance, “A” has the ASCII code “65”.
Each character can be created in the DOS command line by pressing the (left) Alt-key, the ASCII code on the numerical pad (NumLock has to be locked) and releasing Alt. Even characters without its own key can be entered this way.